Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's a Holiday!

Well, it's sort of a holiday.  If you ran an accounting firm and you did tax work, you'd know why today is a great day!  Midnight at April 15th we'll celebrate like crazy here.

Of course, at 12:02 we'll be snoring, but hey, we're getting older....lol.

With today being an insane day I needed something to toss in the crockpot and since my new book -- Vegan on the Cheap by Robin Robertson came this week I decided to try one of her recipe.  Tonight we'll sample Slow Cooker Seitan Pot Roast complete with potatoes and no carrots...sob...because I haven't any at the office and forgot to bring any from home.  Oh well, I prefer my carrots raw anyway.

I'll share a photo if I have a chance.  I can say one thing though, the recipe was easy to follow and I actually had all the ingredients -- even if I didn't remember the carrots I do have them.

The recipes all sound pretty good and she only calls for one thing I haven't seen -- tapioca flour.  I may try a substitute in some of the recipes or give in and see if Amazon has it, but not today.

Today it is back to the computer and the tax return I'm supposed to be finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you have to say.