Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Topsy Turvy Tuesday

It is Tuesday -- only the second day of the menu week -- and I am a failure.  I cannot stick to a menu to save my life.  See Monday night went fine.  I went to my Mama's house and made do with the side dishes we had.  Walked away satisfied and quite happy to see my family together.

On the way back from her house we stopped at a Foodlion to buy the kiddos some pepperoni pizzas for the freezer.  Bad I know, but the college kid is home....lol.  While I was there I grabbed a few things for healthier eating, too.  Bananas, apples, grapes, onions, pitas, whole wheat tortillas, and orzo.  I found orzo for .69 a lb.  I came home with 5 lbs.  A little less than 1/2 price.

So today I have the orzo sitting on the counter staring at me and I think I'd like to have some.  Then when I try to move the apples out of the way of the soy milk, I find that I still have broccoli from last week in the frig and I need to go ahead and use it.  Under the broccoli is a package of spinach that needs to be finished.  So do you see where this is going?

Tonight we're having orzo with a bit of olive oil, broccoli, carrots and onions and I'll serve it on a bed of spinach with pitas and perhaps apple slices on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you have to say.