- It makes meal time easier because I can prep things in advance.
- It saves me money because I can shop based on my plan and not on whim.
- I eat less with a plan, because I can always look forward to the next meal.
My plan for the week is:
- Crockpot oatmeal with peaches and blueberries
- Slaw, corn and bean salad, wheat pitas
- Pinto beans, rice, sauteed onions and peppers
- Warm rice with soy milk, cinnamon and apple dices
- Leftover Pinto beans with rice
- Pasta with tomato sauce filled with chopped veggies
- Oatmeal bars
- Leftovers from night before
- Cabbage, potatoes, and onions with cornbread
- Cream of wheat with banana slices
- Veggie tacos
- Fried rice
- Grits with maple syrup
- Baked beans and toast
- Fried potatoes with onions, biscuits, jam
- Crockpot veggie soup with baked tortillas
- Leftover soup with PBJ sandwiches
- Crockpot Oatmeal with peaches and cinnamon
- Roasted root veggies -- potatoes, turnips, parsnips, and added Brussels sprouts, cold bean salad
- Leftovers from lunch and the rest of the week
Head over to Organizing Junkie to find many more people who believe in menu planning. Several have some good vegetarian dishes posted.