Monday, February 15, 2010

Menu Planning Monday

In my mind there are three good things about a menu plan.
  1. It makes meal time easier because I can prep things in advance.
  2. It saves me money because I can shop based on my plan and not on whim.
  3. I eat less with a plan, because I can always look forward to the next meal.
My menu is pretty simple.  I try to plan enough for the evening meals to eat the same dish again the next day.

My plan for the week is:
Monday
  • Crockpot oatmeal with peaches and blueberries
  • Slaw, corn and bean salad, wheat pitas
  • Pinto beans, rice, sauteed onions and peppers
Tuesday
  • Warm rice with soy milk, cinnamon and apple dices
  • Leftover Pinto beans with rice
  • Pasta with tomato sauce filled with chopped veggies
Wednesday
  • Oatmeal bars
  • Leftovers from night before
  • Cabbage, potatoes, and onions with cornbread
Thursday
  • Cream of wheat with banana slices
  • Veggie tacos
  • Fried rice
Friday
  • Grits with maple syrup
  • Baked beans and toast
  • Calzones
Saturday
  • Fried potatoes with onions, biscuits, jam
  • Crockpot veggie soup with baked tortillas
  • Leftover soup with PBJ sandwiches
Sunday
  • Crockpot Oatmeal with peaches and cinnamon
  • Roasted root veggies -- potatoes, turnips, parsnips, and added Brussels sprouts, cold bean salad
  • Leftovers from lunch and the rest of the week

Head over to Organizing Junkie to find many more people who believe in menu planning.  Several have some good vegetarian dishes posted.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious. . . Welcome to menu planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I love your blog title too! Great idea. Keep it up.

    Heather Mac
    From: The Mac RAK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting at my food blog, Bittersweet Vegan. I'm so excited to meet another vegan who is menu planning! I'm so impressed you included all three meals a day. I wanted to do that, but I didn't make it. Great menu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I have never tried oatmeal in the crockpot! Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!
    -Ally @ TheFrugalFrontier.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the theme of your blog and your menu plan looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you have to say.