Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Simple Chocolate Cookies


Yesterday my daughter and I wanted to bake cookies. Every cookbook I consulted that had a chocolate cookie recipe had ingredients I didn't have on hand. Chocolate was the key requirement because when I tried to bribe her with oatmeal cookies she wasn't impressed. So these are our attempt at chocolate cookies and they didn't turn out too badly. They were a little soft, cakey like but over the course of the night and in packing my darling hubbies lunch, the whole batch is now gone.

Here's our recipe:

Simple Chocolate Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 F...and line pans with parchment paper.

In small bowl mix the following well to make sure you have no lumps:
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of baking powder
2 tbsp of egg replacer
1/2 tsp of salt

In large bowl whisk the following together:
1 cup of soy milk
1 tsp of vinegar
Let this sit for a moment to "clabber."

Then in same large bowl add 1/3 cup of canola oil and whisk.

Pour flour mixture into liquid and mix well.

I don't have a cookie scoop, so I simply used a tablespoon (from the silverware) to put the cookies in the pan. Leave about 2 inches between them. Bake for 10 minutes, cool in pan for 5, and then on rack until completely cool.

If anyone tries these please let me know how you like them. I think they'd be fabulous with tea. (I'm open to any suggestions for improvement, too)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you have to say.